Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Why I'm not excited for what I've wanted all year

So... what have we been waiting for all year that finally came out?

CITY OF LOST SOULS BY CASSANDRA CLARE!


The thing is, though I want to read it, but I probably won't.

In case you guys don't know, Cassandra Clare is not... well. Let me explain.

First of all, there was the original Mortal Instruments trilogy.



That was amazing.

I read the first book in three days, and the second book over a span of... um, four months.

Don't laugh at me! I just could not get into it! But I blamed that on myself and finished it. And then I read City of Glass and thought everything was dandy.

 BUT NO. Cassandra Clare had to ruin it for me.



She came out with a fourth book that she had not originally intended to make!


My reaction:



MUST GET BOOK.

But after I got it, I read the first 200 pages and just... stopped.

I don't know why.

I couldn't get back into it, though I really want to read it.

And at that moment, I realized that the same thing had happened with City of Fallen Angels as City of Ashes.


So now, as I'm head over heels to get my copy of City of Lost Souls from Costco, I'll probably never read it, because I like the idea of having it on my bookshelf better than actually reading it.

(Side note: Did anyone know Cassandra Clare was making another sequel trilogy w/ a Shadowhunter named Emma Carstairs? (relation of Jem Carstairs?) Dear god woman, I love you, but you need to branch out a little.)

No comments:

Post a Comment