Sunday, June 10, 2012

New Rating System

I think that rating systems are BS.

I recently realized that I gave City of Bones and The Fault in Our Stars both 5 star ratings on Goodreads. I both liked them respectively, however, they are not nearly on the same literary level as each other. I refused to budge either one of the five star ratings, so I came up with a new system.

This new system will be implemented in past reviews, and will be in each new book review.

Here are the possible ratings for a book:

Library: I thought it was crap, but everyone's tastes are different. Try it for free.

Borrow: Convince your friends to buy a new copy, and steal it from them. After all, who wants the nasty, smelly library copy with period blood on it?

e-book: This isn't shelf worthy, but I think you should give it a read. You could even pirate it online, if you're ballsy.

Paperback: Definitely worth checking out and putting on your shelf. If you're into that sort of thing.

Hardcover: Pay the $17-$20 it costs right now and put it on the "special" rack on your shelf.

For any OCD, ADHD, or STD people out there, if you MUST have a star rating system, here's how it boils down:

Library- 1 Star
Borrow- 2 Star
e-Book- 3 Star
Paperback- 4 Star
Hardcover- 5 Star

If you don't like this, well...

No comments:

Post a Comment