Thursday, June 27, 2013

Review of The Collector by Victoria Scott

The Collector (Dante Walker, #1)
THE COLLECTOR (#1)
By: Victoria Scott
Review by: Kaede
Release Date: April 2nd, 2013
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Pages: 352
Format: Paperback, e-ARC
Source: Bought, NetGalley (Thank you, Entangled!)

 

He makes good girls...bad. 

Dante Walker is flippin’ awesome, and he knows it. His good looks, killer charm, and stellar confidence have made him one of hell’s best—a soul collector. His job is simple: weed through humanity and label those round rears with a big red good or bad stamp. Old Saint Nick gets the good guys, and he gets the fun ones. Bag-and-tag.

Sealing souls is nothing personal. Dante’s an equal-opportunity collector and doesn't want it any other way. But he’ll have to adjust, because Boss Man has given him a new assignment:

Collect Charlie Cooper’s soul within ten days.

Dante doesn't know why Boss Man wants Charlie, nor does he care. This assignment means only one thing to him, and that’s a permanent ticket out of hell. But after Dante meets the quirky Nerd Alert chick he’s come to collect, he realizes this assignment will test his abilities as a collector…and uncover emotions deeply buried.

He'll show you how good it feels to be bad. 


Dante Walker has it all. So what if he's from hell and he's come to collect your soul? You won't be able to resist this bad boy with a hidden heart. 

If nothing else, I think readers will definitely find Dante's voice hilarious. He'll have you laughing every few pages whether you like it or not with his sarcastic lines, and even just his thoughts. But don't mistake him for the good guy because he's everything but.   

I adored Dante, because honestly, what's not to love? A hot anti-hero who doesn't lack confidence and charm, but also has a caring side too that is slowly revealed in time. There were many layers to not only Dante, but Charlie also. And I've come to the conclusion that the two are absolutely perfect together. I loved Dante and Charlie as individuals, but I also really liked them together. Because I will forever be in love with awesome and hot romances and boys that only exist in fiction. (Story of my life.) 

She'll be the light in your darkness.

Charlie Cooper is far from perfect. She's not flawless and absolutely beautiful - she's real, and I think that's what made me like her so much. I found Charlie to be really sweet. She has her vulnerabilities, like Dante, but she's also strong in her own way. 

The chemistry Charlie and Dante had was done in a way that I was extremely happy with. The attraction was gradual, especially for Dante, but I think that's what made it that much more satisfying in the end. There was no insta-love at first sight, and Dante's first thoughts were not of falling madly in love with a girl he just met. He spend time with Charlie, and when he began to get to know her, that was when attraction started and made the fangirl inside me a little way too excited. 

So there was a cast beyond our main characters and I loved them too! Scott has a talent with her words to draw the readers in and not let go until the last page. The "soul collector" aspect was interesting and fun to learn about, and I'd love to see more of Dante it! 

So I tried to limit any excessive, potentially scary makes-you-want-to-turn-off-your-computer gushing, but if there's only one thing I can say that you take away from this review, let it be that I really do feel that there is something in The Collector for everyone. Whether you are looking for comedy and a book to make you laugh the whole through, a romance that'll have you keep turning those pages to watch it develop, or a bit, or you know, a lot of action, you can't go wrong with Dante. Literally. You can't go wrong with Dante. At all. Trust me. And while you may not have been outright evil in your ending, my dearest The Collector, I am certain you planned it all out so that I'd be sitting here waiting in agony for yet another sequel. 

Oh why do hot fictional boys awesome books continue to do this to me? 

5 coffee cups!

**An advance copy of this book was provided  for review. However, all opinions remain honest and my own.**

~♥~


Contact Kaede: 
Email: kimberlyho75@yahoo.com
Goodreads: Kaede
Twitter: Kami178xx




2 comments:

  1. Great review, this sounds amazing!

    And thanks so much for responding to my last comment, I definitely want to start blogging! I have to ask my parents first tho! :(

    ReplyDelete